Tony Stephens is a writer and producer living in New York City. After receiving his M.A. in Journalism, he spent six years in formation to become a catholic priest. He left the Jesuits to write and work in nonprofit communications. He recently married and lives with his wife and Seeing Eye dog in Manhattan.

Friday, December 14, 2007


Checking Our Lists




Well, it's been a while since posting here. Lots has happened, foremost being that I successfully planned and executed a wedding, done mostly by my wonderful wife of five weeks. Lots has happened in the world, too. Foremost I would say has been the constant battery of debates on television, making me feel like I'm back in college on the forensics team traveling each weekend for tournaments. Nevertheless, the time has come to sit and wait, check our lists like Santa Claus, and wait to send a large number of eager adolescent politicians home with just a lump of coal.

I listened to the debate yesterday on WNYC, the last debate until the Iowa Caucus in less than a month. I feel like a child on Christmas Eve, not to find that my candidate one or lost, but to know that I've been freed the pain of the greatest pre-presidential campaign season in history. It's about time the ball finally rolls. Let's just hope the media is still interested enough to cover the actual election once it's here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home