Tony Stephens is a writer and producer living in New York City. After receiving his M.A. in Journalism, he spent six years in formation to become a catholic priest. He left the Jesuits to write and work in nonprofit communications. He recently married and lives with his wife and Seeing Eye dog in Manhattan.

Monday, January 01, 2007

The New Year came in with little bang,but great company as I gathered with close friends and my fiancé at a bar in SoHo last evening and into this morning. I’m sitting here now in my apartment enjoying cable, one of the gifts I gave myself for Christmas. It’s the first time in six years that I’ve had such a luxury—not including the cable that I had while living in the cloistered religious houses over the past several years. VH-1 is calling me back to the memories I tried to forget from the 1980s. Yet, somehow I’m mesmerized to see where the icons of my youth have ended up in this new age of nitch music.

My resolution this year is simple. My blogs, this one particularly, will begin to receive much more content and a fresh of well-needed fresh air this coming month. It’s the first day of January in New York, and it feels like the middle of April (59 degrees and rainy). So let’s hope this is a sign of my resolved spring-cleaning here on this blog, and not a sign of the end of the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home